Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Sick SnugBug

What is it about being thrown up all over (did I mention all over?) that makes you feel like a real mom? SnugBug "blessed" me yesterday. He told me that his tummy hurt, but it is not terribly unusual for him to say that, especially if I have just asked him to do something.

I should have listened this time I suppose. [wry grin]

It was a short-lived sickness, only an hour or two. Then he took a long nap and was fine by supper time. After all that sleep, he got up at 2:30 this morning ready to start the day. I, on the other hand, was not quite as ready. At 3:45 after several "hi, mommy!"s, I sent him back to his room with a rather lengthy explanation that if he wanted to go in his room and play that was fine with me, but I was still sleeping and he was not to disturb me again. Either he listened or my lengthy explanation put him to sleep - but he did not get up again until 5:30 when his Daddy got up. It's a little bit of an odd feeling to not know what your almost 3 year old did from 4-5:30 in the morning, but, honestly as long as he let me sleep, did not require an ER visit, and did not burn the house down - it works for me!

After much disinfecting yesterday and today, here's hoping the rest of us somehow avoid it!

4 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I am glad SnugBug's sickness was short lived. I hope he wasn't playing with his air purifier from 4-5:30. Lights on...Lights off...on...off :)

Unknown said...

ooh, sounds like we are all living the same life this week! Hurry up, Spring!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Sadly, I know that please just let me sleep feeling all too well. Hope everyone's feeling ok today.

Susan said...

Trust all is well at your house tonight