Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Don't you love Christmas?

I love Christmas! Today, I love it because my kids have new toys!

We got the kids a Lea*pster for Christmas, and, my friends, it was worth every cent! Although we will limit it soon, we've been letting them play as much as they want and they've already gone through one set of batteries!

Punkin had her first Level 3 gymnastics class this week. I wanted to stay for her first class anyway, but it was snowing and it took every ounce of courage I have to take her in the first place. So, we definitely just stayed put.

Did I mention that the class lasts for 2 hours? (Twice a week!)

But, Little Man had the Leapster. And he was a happy boy! (I tell ya - worth every. cent. )

Tonight I walked in the family room and found him here. He looks so grown up to me - this picture is a perfect example of why we call him Little Man. Doesn't he just look like a Little Man up there?
And Punkin is near him - drawing away. This is her passion, and has been since she could hold a marker. New markers from her uncle, and another princess picture! Sometimes, I am so filled with love for them that I don't know where to put it.

On their recent visit, my brother's girlfriend slept in Punkin's room. We set up a tent for Punkin in Little Man's room so she could "camp out" with him. Little Man is, not surprisely, completely taken with the tent, so we've left it up and now he is sleeping in it. Tonight, I snuggled with them in the tent and read "Where the Wild Things Are."

It was one of those precious memories that I will remember when they are grown and cry bittersweet tears over.

6 comments:

Susan said...

"little man" indeed!!! Your kids are so cute and I love seeing and reading about them and what they are doing. Your joy in them is so sweet!!!!!
Susan

Momma Roar said...

I love when my kiddos go off and get engrossed in something...not for the feeling of being "rid" of them...but just for the sweetness in watching them play and create!

Cute photos!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love the pictures! Big kid stuff is fun, isn't it?

Heidi Jo Comes said...

so filled with love for them...i so get that. my today's post is all over that feeling.

Michelle said...

You are a good mom...reading in a tent. Making memories. You get an A+ for that!

Brandi said...

Little Man does look big. Is he close to four? He looks about as big as my five year old son. He also seems to be acting very mature.

Punkin seems very intense on her drawing.