Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Day with my Little Man

Little Man is fully in the stage dcrmom calls the
"Festival of Questions!"

I feel like my most common question is "What?" followed closely by the statement, "Dude, I am just not sure what you are asking me."

So, here's a sampling:

All from Little Man, one after the other:
Why do airplanes go faster than cars?
Do firetrucks go faster?
What about trucks?
What about us?
We could go faster on an airplane?
What about a rocket?
Why does that truck go faster than our car?

Since Easter, Little Man has been obsessed with the idea that Jesus is coming back someday. We have had this conversation more times than I can count:
LM: Is tomorrow the day?
Me: The day what?
LM: The day Jesus comes back.
Recently, he added: And takes our arms apart.
Me: what? why would he take our arms apart?
LM: Well, he made us and when he comes back he'll take us apart, right?
Me: Well, not exactly.
This led to me trying to explain in 4 year old terms that God made Adam from dust and Eve from his rib, and that he designed us so that from then on babies grow in their mommies' bodies. (yes, in hindsight, that sounds brave. Or stupid. I'm still trying to decide which.)
LM: So, I grew in your body?
Me: Yes.
LM: And sister grew in Daddy's body?
Yeah, not exactly. And, obviously, I still have some work to do in this department.

While I'm cooking dinner:
LM: So, when do we get our parachutes?
Me: What? (see, I told you it was my most-asked question)
LM: You know, so we can jump out of airplanes and stuff.
Um, what?!?!
And, yes Mom, I told him never.

There was also a question recently about when he was getting a motorcycle and I told him that I would never be buying him one, but when he is grown man if he wants to spend his money that way, that was ok with me. So far, he has said that he is buying a pick-up truck, a motorcycle, several old cars, every "race" car we have ever passed - that means any sports car and any car with stripes or words on it, and probably some others that I've forgotten about. I figure he'll either be Jay Le*no or I don't have anything to worry about because he'll never be able to afford it all.

And with gas prices lately, I'm guessing the latter even if he IS as successful as Le*no.

For more funny things kids are saying, visit Mary at Not Before 7.

5 comments:

Momma Roar said...

LOL!!! I bet you all sleep well at night :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

man, I love all those questions. They crack me up! he is a big time thinker!

I hope Jesus doesn't take my arms apart.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

You must run out of steam at some point! Questions are cute and fun, but I find that once we arrive at question 20 (or so) Mommy is done attempting to answer. LOL.

Just Mom said...

ROFL!

really, really ROFL.

Unknown said...

Ooh, is your brain ever getting a workout! He sounds like my Olivia...and sometimes I think my head is going to explode. She went through a phase where telephone poles reminded her of crosses, so as we drove she would ask OVER AND OVER if that was the cross Jesus died on. AGH!