Monday, September 1, 2008

Tabernacle

We've been studying the tabernacle in our bible lessons this month. We used Activity 219 on this page to make our own. Punkin did most of the work herself! I helped mostly with instructions on how to put it together and where to place the items.

Here's the ark of the covenant, the things that were placed inside it, and the curtain that divided the Holy Tent from the Holy of Holies. I had to take them out of the Holy Tent to get a good picture. (As an aside, it is one of my favorite parts of Scripture that in the Old Testament God lives with His people in the Holy of Holies. But, when Jesus dies, there is a violent earthquake, the sky becomes dark, and the curtain rips completely open from top to bottom. I love the symbolism - that because of Jesus there is no longer a curtain needed between us and God, no longer a Holy of Holies place needed because Jesus now lives in our hearts. I just love it. )

Here is the outer room of the Holy Tent:
The whole Tabernacle:This project was definitely one of my favorite things that we have been able to do!

2 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I cannot wait to do this!!!

Susan said...

Great job. No barrier between us & God, that is what Jesus purchased for us!!!!! I'm like you, and never get over that.
Susan