Thursday, August 20, 2009

Choo-choo!



















This is our 3rd week back at school, and we are deep in a long history unit going through U.S. History from Washington to Lincoln.

We are currently studying Thomas Jefferson's presidency, and one of the topics was the invention of the steam locomotive in 1804. I wanted to build a little steam engine, but it just wasn't possible to do by myself. My mechanical ability is pretty laughable.

But, I can do crafts! And I found this really cool printable at the Family Fun website, and we made these steam engines today.

Aren't they cute?? (yeah... I'm a girl. *wink)

3 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Those are too cute!

Momma Roar said...

Very cute!! I would have went the craft route too! I looked at the first link and ... WOW!

Sincerely Anna said...

I'm so impressed! Is this history part of the Weaver curriculum? Sounds like a perfect time to plan a trip to DC :)