Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary!


My friend, Penless Writer, posted this meme about her Mr. Right. I skipped a couple of questions I didn't feel like answering, but I thought it was a good post for today as my Mr. Right as I celebrate 11 years of wedded bliss. :)

How has it been 11 years!! Sometimes it feels like I've never NOT known him, and sometimes it feels like we just met yesteday. I'm happy to have met him and glad we got married.

Here is a little about WeaverDad:

His age? 39
How tall is he? 6'3"

How long did you know each other before you got together? Not long! We were an instant click thing. We had known each other about 9 months when we got engaged, and a little over a year when we got married. WeaverDad had heard a sermon once where the pastor suggested that you should go through the seasons at least once with each other before committing to a lifetime. There were some further spiritual components to that sermon that I have forgotten, but the sermon impacted him and we waited about a year.

What physical features attracted you to him first? His height (I'm 6' feet tall), and his "tall, dark & handsome" looks.

What color are his eyes? Green

His hair color? Dark brown.

Hair style? Military style - I cut his hair.

Normal outfit? Jeans and T-shirts

How did you meet? At a church party. For the full story, click here.
How serious is it? Lifetime serious.
Do your parents like him? They think he is a little strange, but they like him.

Do his parents like you? They think I'm a little strange, but they like me. (At least I think they do!)

Do you trust him? Totally and completely.
Would you share a toothbrush with him? Hmm - I don't think he would like that. But, I don't think it's totally gross.

Would he let you wear his pants? I did when I was pregnant. And I love to sleep in his flannel pj pants.

Do you have a shirt of his that you sleep in? Not really.
Do you like the way he smells? The only time I notice how he smells is right when he gets out of the shower - and I like that.
Can you picture having kids with him? Can. Did. Do.

Are you happy to be with him? Yep!
Does he smoke or do drugs? Nope - and never has.
Does he have any piercings? I'm with Penless - that would NEVER happen!

Any tattoos? Again - that would never happen.

Does he have any scars that you know of? Yes, in his eyebrow. There are probably others I've forgotten about.
Is he a party dude or stay at home? He is not a party dude. But, he likes to be out of the house flying remote control helicopters, hiking or taking pictures.
Is he outgoing or shy? He's not either one. He can be outgoing when he makes the effort, but he is mostly a loner. But I would not say shy - just comfortable alone.

Does he love his mama? Yes.

Would he hang out with you and your friends? Um... he comes away from his computer long enough to say hi, but he kinda hides from "girl time." And really, can you blame him?

Sing? He can, but he doesn't often.

Happy Anniversary, Love of my Life!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Soooo glad you posted this and let me know. 6'3" Our son David is 6'2" Happy Anniversary!! Love your beautiful wedding picture :o)

Momma Roar said...

What a great picture! Happy Anniversary Weavermom and Weaverdad! I'm saving this one for June - when we celebrate 11 years! May the Lord continue to bless your years together! {{hugs}}

~ Amy ~ said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it's a good one.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'll have to do this in May for our 10th anniversary. :)

Heather K said...

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. (Weaver!) Hope you're having an awesome weekend! Happy St.Pats day as well.
(C:
Heather

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it's been 11 years. Where does all the time go? We have got to catch up again and maybe work on a visit. Happy Anniversary a little late!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Fun meme! I might steal it. This is the first time I've been able to see your blog. I think you had a privacy lock on it before??? Anyway, thanks for all the comments! It's nice to finally see who's reading. :-)