Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I got a new toy!

I got a new toy! I can't remember ever being this excited about a little electronic gadget before, but I am totally psyched about this one. (Did I just date myself again? Oh, well - I'm still "psyched." )
I'm a fan of BooMama's and one time she talked about grabbing her IPod an going for a walk. For some reason, it struck me as ... well, fun? Could it be? Exercise has been one of those things that I know I need to do, but fitting it in is a whole different challenge. But I'm changing that. (See, I'm telling you, so now I'm kinda stuck with that statement.) I'm walking in the mornings. And I would love to run a 5K before the year is out without completely embarrassing myself.

And all those exercise junkies who tell you that your whole day goes better when you do - as much as it loathes me to admit, 100% true.

And, when searching for the motivation to actually get out of bed - I previously failed to consider the beautiful, beautiful alone time that comes with going out on a walk ALONE.

So, I'm adding praise songs to my new gadget - and then it becomes wonderful alone time, praising God, exercising and being able to think an entire sentence without being interrupted.

I may have just found my new bliss. (of course, check back in a few weeks and we'll see how that getting up before the sun works out! he he)

So, please share you favorite songs to get me started. Because I'm as behind on the music of the day as I am the music players and cultural lingo, so I need some serious help.

6 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I just today printed off The Couch-to-5k Running Plan from the coolrunning.com site! I've done 5 mile runs but its been years - so I thought this sounded good. But mine would be more appropriately called The Chair-to-5k plan!

Freedom Nicole C Mullen

Momma Roar said...

Sorry, The Computer Chair-to-5k plan.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh FUN!!! You'll love your iPod. As far as music, it's such a personal thing. I don't dare try to give suggestions. What kind of stuff do you like? I have all sorts of genres on my master playlist, and I kind of like it that way. Eclectic, that's what my music taste is. :-)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i am so jealous. i think that i would really love one too. i can already imagine all of the awesome chrisitian music that i would fill it with. toby mac, mercy me, sonic flood...

my husband thinks they are ridiculous and we'd have no purpose for one. i do have a big birthday coming up....do you think i should try to drop the hint more?

Unknown said...

You GO girl! From one baby runner to another, you'll never want to go back! And, yes, those are some great quiet time opportunities when it is just you and God hitting the pavement.
Favorite tunes?? Hmmm..I love me some Toby Mac (Diverse City is great!), the new Mandisa song, and a little Avalon to keep me inspired when that 4th mile is threatening to kill me.

Heather K said...

I like Chris Tomlin, WOW worship, Hillsong... all really great praise music. I'd love to have an ipod to walk with... as I too am feeling the need to get moving.. I know what you mean about feeling better after. It becomes addicting... so WHY did I ever stop??? :oD
ENJOY!!!!