Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insects


Aaahhhhhh!


It's back to school!

The public school in our neighborhood uses the "track" system. The kids have 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off, and the school year rolls on the 1st Monday after the 4th of July. Since the neighborhood kids are back at school, and I've learned that when Neighbor Girl is off-track we don't get as much done around here - we are going with the "C" Track schedule this year and see how that works out for us.

Punkin is in the 1st grade! (How is that possible!?) and we are studying insects. One of our activities was to make a Mexican ant mask (.pdf file with directions on pg 10-14 here) Punkin loves it. I thought it turned out kinda scary - what do you think?

6 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful, fun way of teaching you are using. Of course you already know how impressed I am with it and you!!

Be sure and check out my site today. I've passed on an award to you :o)
Susan

Momma Roar said...

I'm finding it kind of creepy, yes. lol

1st grade - WOW

Tracy said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like your "track" schedule.

Anonymous said...

Max would love this!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Yes, that is a bit creepy, but in a fun way. ;)

Michelle said...

Hearing people have started school makes me panic. I just got all my curriculum ordered for the year.

Please post your thoughts about your track schedule. I've often thought about doing that for our school.

Thanks for stopping by our "Fairy Tale Life".